Introducing the Asian American Conversation Toolkit – a resource from the Fuller Youth Initiative

It was the first time the young man had walked into a church in years. He had a heart full of expectations as he hesitantly considered what it would feel like to walk into a space he had long left behind. 

At the door, he was met by a gentleman who asked his name. But that was not the only question. The older gentleman continued to make thoughtful and direct queries. What was supposed to be a quick greeting turned into a 15-minute conversation, resulting in an invitation to share a meal after the worship service. The young person felt so seen and welcomed that he agreed to lunch.

All it took was a willing posture to ask questions. Not just one, but a series of them. 

Conversations matter. Too often we get caught up in the uncertainty of where to begin or wondering what questions to ask. This is not a unique experience. However, different ethnocultural realities require special attention to unique complexities.

“Too often we get caught up in the uncertainty of where to begin or wondering what questions to ask.”

Because of this, I am thrilled to be able to introduce our new Asian American Conversation ToolkitJust like other ethnocultural groups, Asian Americans are not a monolith. Written and edited by leaders who represent different perspectives in the Asian American experience—Mike Park, Kevin Doi, Jane Hong-Guzman de León, Irene Cho, and Joyce del Rosario—the many voices who helped us create this exciting resource are diverse and full of wisdom.

Discover helpful ways to understand and engage with Asian American young people in your church. Whether you identify as Asian American yourself or would love to learn more, I invite you to lean into conversations with special attention to ethnocultural realities around us.

This comprehensive 40-page guide is the perfect handbook for any adult looking for a starting point in conversations with today’s Asian American youth. The Asian American Conversation Toolkit includes an overview of the reality Asian American youth face, fundamental principles of conversation, plus 30+ questions and ideas for next steps.

Author

Jennifer A. Guerra Aldana, originally from Guatemala, grew up in Southern California as the daughter of church planters. Jennifer received her B.A in Social Work from Point Loma Nazarene University and served as a youth pastor and social worker in San Diego county. She serves as a pastor of La Fuente Ministries- a bilingual, intercultural ministry of Pasadena First Church of the Nazarene and graduated with her Masters of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary. Her passions include leadership training, intercultural youth spiritual formation and bilingual ministries.

16 Comments

1. When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment.

Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it! https://Kasino.vin/home/918kiss-scr888

2. When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
    and from now on whenever a comment is added I get four emails with the
    exact same comment. Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me
    from that service? Appreciate it! https://Kasino.vin/home/918kiss-scr888

3. Hi, I do think this is a great website. I stumbledupon it 😉 I will revisit once again since I
    book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide
    others.

4. What’s up to all, how is all, I think every one is getting
    more from this website, and your views are nice in favor of new visitors.

5. I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your web site.
    Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
    A couple of my blog readers have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.

Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

6. My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine
    simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

7. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It’s on a entirely different subject but it
    has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb
    choice of colors!

8. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. However think
    of if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
    Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this site could certainly be one
    of the most beneficial in its field. Terrific blog!

9. I’m not sure exactly why but this blog is loading
    extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end?
    I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

10. Hey, how’s it going?

I want to pass along some very important news that everyone needs to hear!

In December of 2017, Donald Trump made history by recognizing Jerusalem as the captial of Israel. Why is this big news? Because by this the Jewish people of Israel are now able to press forward in bringing about the Third Temple prophesied in the Bible.

Jewish Rabbis have publicly announced that their Messiah will be revealed in the coming years who will be a leader and spiritual guide to all nations, gathering all religions under the worship of one God.

Biblical prophecy tells us that this Jewish Messiah who will take the stage will be the antichrist “who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God” (2 Thessalonians 2:4). For a time, he will bring about a false peace, but “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (Matthew 24:15)…then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be” (Matthew 24:21).

“Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour” (1 John 2:18).

“The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness” (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12).

More importantly, the power that runs the world wants to put a RFID microchip in our body making us total slaves to them. This chip matches perfectly with the Mark of the Beast in the Bible, more specifically in Revelation 13:16-18:

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.”

Referring to the last days, this could only be speaking of a cashless society, which we have yet to see, but are heading towards. Otherwise, we could still buy or sell without the mark amongst others if physical money was still currency. This Mark couldn’t be spiritual because the word references two different physical locations. If it was spiritual it would just say in the forehead. RFID microchip implant technology will be the future of a one world cashless society containing digital currency. It will be implanted in the right-hand or the forehead, and we cannot buy or sell without it! We must grow strong in Jesus. AT ALL COSTS, DO NOT TAKE IT!

“Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name” (Revelation 14:9-11).

People have been saying the end is coming for many years, but we needed two key things. One, the Third Temple, and two, the technology for a cashless society to fulfill the prophecy of the Mark of the Beast.

Visit http://WWW.BIBLEFREEDOM.COM to see proof for these things and why the Bible trul is the word of God!

If you haven’t already, it is time to seek God with all your heart. Jesus loves you more than you could imagine. He wants to have a relationship with you and redeem you from your sins. Turn to Him and repent while there is still hope! This is forever…God bless!

11. It’s an amazing piece of writing for all the online people; they will get benefit from
    it I am sure.

Write A Comment